Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Bride Wars


So I have had weddings on the brain recently....let's blame it on the 3 wedding showers and 1 wedding I have attended in the past month and the 2 weddings I have coming up in the next month. Well with the BF out of town for a few days, I decided it would be the perfect time to indulge myself in a girly flick...and with weddings in my mind of course I picked up Bride Wars from the local Blockbuster. OMG, AMP (ie- bestie).....have you seen this?! If not, you must rent it. And watch without AKD (ie- bestie's BF). This is us if we get engaged in the same time period.

Seriously...she's brunette, I'm blonde. She's creative, I'm analytical. We're both competitive, but loving people...who would go insane just like the girls in the movie if our weddings were booked on the same day. This is truly a movie all girls can relate to because it is very similar to the way girls fight in real life....a little dirty because we know the deepest, darkest secrets and fears, but in a way where we would never, ever want to hurt the other because bestie love will always be there. There is a scene in the movie where Kate Hudson says "I miss my friend." I cried...I have been there. I have been in a fight with the bestie where I am so mad at her, but she is the only person who can comfort me at the same time. Guys just don't understand this kind of friendship. Miranda and Carrie had it....Liv and Emma in Bride Wars have it...and AMP and I have it. I love you bestie...thanks for always being there for me. Thanks for teaching me to be a stronger person like you and for always being there for me. But do not even dare get engaged during the time I am getting married :) Or else it's on!

1 comment: