Wednesday, April 8, 2009


A loyal blog reader (hehe) sent me this article and thought this might be a good idea to blog about. I don't know if ya'll can read it (this is the largest it would show up on here!!)...but it is about how to be a good wife in the 1950's. At first read, I was very much appalled...the article tells you that you need to look nice and put together for your husband when he returns from work, make his evening relaxing, and think of him first. Hello, this article just screams the need for feminine rights and the reason hippie women burned their bra's in the 70's!! But I decided to sit on the idea for the blog for a while....

And you know what? I kind of think they are right! (Ok don't freak out...keep on reading...I explain myself!) I think that we should all (men & women) should try to make life more comfortable for our family, friends, significant other. We should all try to think of others first. I know from personal experience, when the BF sees that the trash is full and he takes it out without me asking...it practically makes my day! And if it makes the BF happy then why should I not cook dinner for him. If we all took more time to think of what others needed to be more comfortable and happy in life, then we would all be happier people. It's kind of like that Liberty Insurance commercial where one good deed a person does leads to another people doing a good dead. So, no I do not think that only a woman should pamper her husband, but that we should all pamper each other. We should all try to look our best and clean our houses.... So in your own way follow the advice of the article, think of others and how to make them feel more comfortable in thier life...think not of what others can do for you, but of what you can do for others! (Yes, a total play on Kennedy's great speech!!)

No comments:

Post a Comment