Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Another Challenge...Bootcamp!

For those you who know, you know I have a love/hate relationship with working out. Ok, I admit, it's way more hate than it is love...but there is some love, deep...deep...deep down. Prior to high school graduation I always had some coach telling me to go run/work out/etc. Then suddenly *poof* no one to notice if I didn't work out for like a month. (No one except my jeans!!!) And I do work out sometimes, but it's more sporadical than anything. The only time I can stick to it is when I have a trainer, which is way too expensive right now for this recessionista! So anyways, I work out like maybe 4-6 times a month. But this past month I have been feeling the need to do more and be more active. I have even set my alarm earlier in an effort to wake up and go to the gym that is on the bottom floor of my apartment complex, but yet every single time the snooze button just seems like a much better idea. (And once I heard that you burn more calories sleeping!) Then last week at work my boss talked me into signing up for a bootcamp...and I did it! I have done this bootcamp before in January, but I stopped after 2 and a half weeks because I didn't know anyone and there was no one to keep me accountable. So hopefully now that I have a friend that I am working out with I can be more successful. But right now, I'm kind of freaked... It is 6AM on Mondays & Wednesdays, 7PM on Tuesday & Thursday, and 8AM on Saturday. It's not only freaking me out that this is 5 days a week, but did anyone read 6AM?!!! Oh lordy, this is definitely going to kick my butt :) Let's hope! The bootcamp starts Monday, Sept. 14th. I'll keep you all updated on my status from not working out in 4 weeks to butt-kicking 5 times a week...yikes!

And also...I have not shopped once since my last post about my necklace splurge! And I think I'm halfway done...wahoo!

2 comments:

  1. bootcamp sounds like so much fun! you can do it!! I want to do a bootcamp or something similar...i jhust think i want a switch in exercise...and congrats on the withstanding shopping...you are doing great! keep it up...look at you...you are going to be fit and rich! haha love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. omg, lynds...I am doing the bootcamp at prestonwood...which is totally close to your house! you should totally do it!! I mean, you would blow me away in the workout, but ya know we could chat before and after (if I make it to the after, haha). seriously, you should think about it!

    ReplyDelete